1) Remove dirt and dust with a soft brush or damp cloth.
2) Apply thin coats of a quality exotic conditioner (water based).
3) If a sheen is desired, polish with a matching color, or neutral crème polish.
4) Apply a non-silicone stain and water protector if water protection is needed.
5) On snake skins and pythons, gently clean and condition under the scales where much dust can collect and cause leather deterioration. Spray reptile cleaners and conditioners are available that provide a foaming action to clean under the scales. After conditioning, rub the scales back down in the direction of the scale grain with a soft cloth.
(Note: Because of the delicate nature of exotic leathers, it is very important to clean and condition these leathers on a regular basis. Exotics such as Caiman and Lizard are extremely dry in nature and can crack even when not being worn. Apply thin coats of conditioner rather that thick ones. Remember to do this often)